As the year progresses, it's crucial to prioritize the upkeep of your home to avoid any damage. To assist you in this endeavor, we have compiled a comprehensive yearly preventative home maintenance checklist. This checklist will help you promptly detect any potential issues, ensuring that your home remains safe and comfortable throughout the year. By following these maintenance tasks, you can safeguard your investment and enjoy a well-maintained living space without the burden of unexpected repairs. Get in touch with the Local painting and remodeling company to know more.
MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST FOR BASEMENTS
- Inspect the basement's walls and floor for leaks and fix any.
- Make sure the sump pump is in good operating order by inspecting and cleaning it.
- Replace any windows that are broken or damaged.
- Inspect the insulation in the basement for damage. Replace any broken sections with new ones.
- Check and maintain any basement washing machines, dryers, or freezers.
- Look into the guardrails and stairs in the basement. Fix or replace any broken or shaky parts.
- Check the basement's overall air quality. If required, think about using a dehumidifier.
- Check and confirm that basement exits are functional and easily accessible.
- Look out for whether the basement exhibits any evidence of insects or pests.
- Plan to have Base renovation contractors qualified to aid in locating and maintaining any further upkeep.
MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST FOR WINDOWS AND DOORS
- Watch out for any wrapping, rot, or cracks on windows, and fix or replace any broken parts.
- Remove any debris, dust, and dirt from window frames and sills.
- Check if the windows, door hinges, locks, and other moving parts require lubrication.
- To block UV rays and increase energy efficiency, consider installing window film or shades.
- Clean and repair window curtains, shades, and blinds.
- Verify the security and alarm systems' condition. If any are found to be damaged, replace or improve.
- Planning to replace your windows, get in touch with the house renovation company for assistance.
MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST FOR EXTERIOR WALLS
- Check the condition of the walls and look out for any signs of damage, cracks, or peeling paint, and consult the home remodeling contractor for assistance.
- Use the proper filler or patching material to repair any holes or cracks in the walls. After the filler has dried, smooth the area.
- Examine the walls for any signs of water damage, such as spots, stains, or soft patches.
- Repaint for a better aesthetic look.
- For homes with siding, find any damaged or slack components. Any siding that needs repair or replacement must be done right away if the external walls are to maintain their structural integrity.
- Considering painting your walls over the year? Get a free quote from the local painting company near you.
MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST FOR ROOFS
- Look for cracked or damaged shingles.
- To mitigate potential risks, trim any tree branches that extend over the roof to prevent potential hazards or any growth of mold and mildew.
- To prevent the accumulation of moisture, assess the effectiveness of attic ventilation to ensure proper airflow.
- Check the rooftops, chimneys, vents, and other roof extensions. Any deteriorating or damaged flashing should be repaired or replaced.
- Inspect the caulking and seals surrounding pipes, roof vents, and other roof penetrations. Address any areas that require repair or resealing to maintain a watertight seal.
- Schedule professional assistance from roofing contractors for annual inspections to identify any potential issues.
If you’re planning for any home improvements, contact a Home Renovation Contractor in CT